Welcome to the HEDIR. The HEDIR Discussion is the long standing foundation of the HEDIR. This is an opportunity to discuss, debate, share, and request information. It’s often a free-for-all and it is often intense…but it’s a GREAT way to find out the pulse of what’s happening in the profession. Besides the HEDIR Discussion the HEDIR.org page now has:
- A listing of HEDIR endorsed jobs
- Bookstores in which one can purchase books from Amazon (often at a great discount)
- Connections to various HEDIR related items such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
To register for the HEDIR Discussion, first, you need to agree to abide by the advertising policies of the HEDIR. Click here to read. Then send an email to Dr. Kittleson with the following:
- First and Last Name, including your title if so desired (i.e., Dr.)
- Institution/organization you work for
- Your email
- Confirmation that you have read the guidelines and have agreed to abide by them.
Enjoy the fruits of the labor that the health education profession has undergone over the past 20 years. Invite other health education professionals (from all work settings), as well as your health education students to join the HEDIR.
Once registered, you can send emails to HEDIR@HEDIR.org. Note, that in order to send a memo to HEDIR@HEDIR.org, you must send from the email that is EXACT. For example, email@example.com is NOT the same as firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that many emails have alias that you may not even be aware of. If you send to the HEDIR and it doesn’t go through, you’ll get a memo indicating the message wasn’t sent. If you can’t figure out why, contact Mark Kittleson (email@example.com)–in fact FORWARD the memo you received so he can review the reasoning for rejection.